The good thing is mental health is gaining traction the past few years. While I have always considered myself as someone with challenges in this area, I have never spent much time to understand the subject. Not waiting for anymore “Mental Health awareness week” to come and go, I’ve decided to learn more about what it means to be mentally healthy.
To start off, I need to first define what it means. After reading a few articles online and look inside myself, I’ve come up with the following:
- Being present and mindful.
- Understanding my own emotions and how to manage them.
- Being confident and knowing my worth.
- Staying connected and applying the power of giving.
- Being grateful and appreciative.
It’s being happy with all that I am; Loving and caring myself regardless of what life throws at me. At the end of the day, everything starts from within me.